Hey! We’re amazee.io, a global Open Source Managed Service Provider with a fully remote team spanning Asia Pacific, Americas, and EMEA time zones. We manage hosting services for our clients worldwide, and our mission is to be the foremost open web hosting company providing technical advice, support, and a platform that is scalable, reliable, flexible and secure, built collaboratively with our customers.
We’re looking for a Systems Support Engineer to join our remote team. As a Systems Support Engineer with amazee.io you’ll be working with clients, being their first point of contact for technical or emergency guidance, as well as being responsible for monitoring the stability of our hosting platform. You'll also work alongside our Platform Engineers when technical escaltions are required, and own and build upon our user friendly documentation.
If you're someboby with a collaborative mindset, and enjoys working and interacting with people, supporting them in solving problems, then this could be the role for you! Come and join a team of open source enthusiasts committed to providing flexible hosting solutions in an open, transparent work environment, and having fun doing it.
What you’ll be doing:
- Supporting client onboardings, trainings, and post onboarding support via slack or e-mail
- Assisting in the deployment of client projects
- Designing and implementing continuous integration & development pipelines together with our customers
- Specifying, implementing, documenting, and rolling out features & updates.
- Further learning, implementing, and advocating DevOps methods and processes
- Monitoring the stability of our hosting environment
- Some oncall work (usually within reasonable working hours, and weekends)
- Communicating via gifs and emojis
What you’ll bring:
- A friendly and collaborative nature, helping clients succeed through direct interaction
- Experience working with Docker and Docker Compose, Kubernetes, or microservices in general
- Understanding and belief in Agile and DevOps methodologies
- Experience working with a cloud environment (AWS, GCP, Azure) - Ideally whilst in a development or support role
- Comfort communicating and documenting in English
- Location is not important. This is a remote position, although we have a preference for an EMEA time zone for your working hours.
amazee.io is dedicated to providing a work environment of trust, transparency, and inclusion for everyone. As a fully remote company we offer flexibility when it comes to working hours and location, but that’s not all, here’s some other things you can expect from us.
What we’ll bring:
- A fully distributed team of creative colleagues in a flat, open and transparent organization - Meet the team, or read our handbook
- Flexible working hours, and time off in lieu when you work more than you should
- Remote working
- Fair and transparent pay
- 5 paid days off a year for conference attendance or education related commitments
- An annual education benefit of $1,500 or equivalent to dedicate to your professional development
- An annual wellbeing benefit of $500 or equivalent to dedicate to your physical or mental health
- Your own tech budget with the freedom to choose your setup
- Sweet, sweet Swag - Hoodies and other goodies
- Amazee Extreme! - After 3 years, you’ll get a month paid off work to undertake a mentally or physically challenging personal project of your choice.
So what’s next?:
Apply! Send us your CV and cover letter showcasing who you are, your technical skills, and anything else you think we should know! If you’d like to find out more about amazee.io and the wider Amazee Group, then you can, here!
The amazee.io Team.