IT Operations Engineer
Hello there! We’re amazee.io, a global Open Source Managed Service Provider with a fully remote team spanning Asia Pacific, Americas, and EMEA timezones. We manage hosting services for our client’s worldwide, and our mission is to be the foremost open web hosting company providing technical advice, support, and a platform that is scalable, reliable, flexible and secure, built collaboratively with our customers.
We’re looking for an IT Operations Engineer to join our remote team! You’ll be the Administrator and Engineer for our internal IT systems and will be central in supporting your colleagues in their day to day operations. From onboarding new employees and setting up remote workplaces, connecting and automating our tool stack, to developing and refining workflows and processes.
You’ll also be collaborating on business critical projects which help to improve our employee experience, our security, and our scalability, so you’ll be key to helping to reach our growth and business goals. If you’re both a problem seeker and solver, and want to be part of a fully distributed international team dedicated to a transparent and collaborative environment, then this could be the role for you!
What you’ll be doing:
- Administering core tools and caring for company devices; mainly Mac, via MDM solutions with a focus on security and zero-touch deployments
- Providing technical support to your colleagues on internal IT issues
- Developing and refining both existing and new IT processes and workflows
- Assisting in employee processes (on-, and, offboarding), and in setting up remote workspaces (procurement, deployment, definition of hardware standards)
- Helping to develop automations. Work smarter not harder!
- Helping the Security Team to prevent cybersecurity incidents and implementing mitigations
- Provide support via your insights and experiences, to help grow and shape the future of the internal IT Team at amazee.io
The Tech you’ll be using on the daily:
- Google Workspaces, Atlassian, Slack, and Okta
What you’ll bring:
- Experience within a Systems Administrator/Engineer role or similar
- Working knowledge of MacOS, Linux, and TerraForm
- Hands on experience with scripting and programming, ideally in leveraging APIs
- An anti-affinity for manual, repetitive work which could be automated, and an affinity for security and best practices
- A collaborative and open mindset
- Comfort communicating and documenting in English
- An appreciation the complexity of both machines and humans
- Location is not important. This is a remote position.
amazee.io is dedicated to providing a work environment of trust, transparency, and inclusion for everyone. As a fully remote company we offer flexibility when it comes to working hours and location, but that’s not all, here’s some other things you can expect from us.
What we’ll bring:
- A fully distributed team of creative colleagues in a flat, open and transparent organization - Meet the team, or read our handbook
- Flexible working hours, and time off in lieu when you work more than you should
- Fully Remote working
- Fair and transparent pay
- 5 paid days off a year for conference attendance or education related commitments
- An annual education benefit of $1,500 or equivalent to dedicate to your professional development
- An annual wellbeing benefit of $500 or equivalent to dedicate to your physical or mental health
- Your own tech budget with the freedom to choose your setup
- Sweet, sweet Swag - Hoodies and other goodies
- amazee.io Quest! - After 3 years, you’ll get 3 weeks paid off work to undertake a profound personal goal, or undertake a bucket list type challenge.
So what’s next?:
Apply! Send us your CV and cover letter showcasing who you are, your technical skills, and anything else you think we should know!
The amazee.io Team.